Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July, July!

Lots of busy-ness lately!

Spun this roving
firework roving
into this yarn
020
and made this Snail Hat
050
032
I love how it turned out. I got the idea from Cosy's group on Ravelry. It is one cute hat. I made it for Katelyn for her birthday (I think) so it's a little small for my head, but should fit a 3 year old just fine.

I also started the Toasty Twist Socks and LOVE them so far. They are turning out amazing. It might be hard to give them up as a gift. :) These Grafton Fibers needles are HEAVENLY and they are making the knitting so fast and enjoyable with their super pointy tips.
027

Finished these sort-of Blueberry Waffle Socks. They are supposed to be two rows stockinette and two rows 2x2 ribbing. I did one row of each alternating. These are the socks that might be for my mom, but most likely will be for my sister. They are BRIGHT. But, the pattern is nice and easy and they should fit either of them just fine. And I cannot complain that I actually have some Christmas gifts done. In July. This is good.
036

Macy the new cat is doing great. As expected, Paisley, our only female and perpetually crabby cat, does not so much love her. But, she'll get over it. And she is just so darn cute!
015

We are waiting on getting our patio poured. It's been delayed a few days, but we are getting it done for a good price (aka FREE labor) so it's really hard to complain. Even though I still complain in my head a little. We have worked SO hard shoveling dirt and gravel that I'm just so ready for it to be done. They are saying tomorrow now. I will keep my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment