Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A (nother) cat?

Ok. We got another cat. If there is anything I like more than fiber it is animals. She is adorable. And she has had frostbite and lost the tips of her ears. She was available at Petsmart through our local Camp Companion (a spay/neuter release organization that also offers cats for adoption). Honestly. All we needed was a filter for the fish tank. But, things are just meant to be sometimes. She has an amazing personality and is hanging out in the yarn room (ok, spare bedroom filled with yarn) for awhile until she gets used to her new home. Her name with Camp Companion was Gayla, but her new name at our house is Macy. Here she is:

022

029


I was not having much luck with the pictures, she was either kneading whatever she could or purring and rubbing on the camera. And I kept getting blurry shots. Grrr. Hopefully I'll be able to get more pictures of her cute face soon.

I'm still working on the socks that were going to be for my mom, but I think they may be for my sister now. The colors are quite rowdy and I'm just not sure I can see my mom wearing them. I just started some tweedy gray socks that may be better. I have not setup my loom with any other projects though I did get a weaving book (Weaving Made Easy) that is really helpful and has good projects in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment