Thursday, July 2, 2009

The start of the blog...

Well, it has taken me a long time to start a blog. Hopefully I'm not a day late and a dollar short. Jill is working, working, working so I had time to wash LOTS of yarns today and a little bit of fleece.


I got the Jacob fleece (from a sheep named Agua) via Sandy at Homestead Wool and it's LOVELY, but I'm not thrilled with the smell. Now, don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a little wet wool smell, but I don't necessary need the farm WITH the fleece. Hopefully this last wash with some lovely soak will alleviate the odoriforousness. I've already washed it once with soap and twice in just hot water. I still could feel some lanolin, so the soak most likely took care of that as well. Listening to Meghan's Stitch-It Podcast and The High Fiber Diet to pass the time with lots of wet wool. Still need to finish my dad's other golf club cover for his birthday. Gave him one cover yesterday and asked if he would use them, he says yes so I'll proceed with the other two. Oh yeah! I finished the Shalom Cardigan. My mom LOVES it, but it does need a new button. My mom is smaller than I am, so it looks better on her than ot does on me. And holy man, the Malabrigo LOVE only increased with this sweater. It's SO soft, and of course way too warm for summer, but I couldn't wait to give it to her. I added a little more sleeve than the pattern calls for, but just thought it would be more comfortable.










No comments:

Post a Comment